Disclaimer: This article may contain the personal views and opinions of the author.
President Donald Trump hasn’t been to the nation’s capital since he left office on January 20, 2021.
Do you trust the main stream media?
"*" indicates required fields
But, he was scheduled to return to D.C later this week to attend a Conservative event where he will be the keynote speaker.
Trump is headlining a July 26 event sponsored by the America First Policy Institute.
The former president is slated to deliver the keynote address at 3 p.m. local time on the second day of the AFPI’s two-day, invitation-only policy summit. The event will be streamed live and open to the press, Newsmax added .
A 501(C)(3) non-profit research institute, AFPI says its purpose is to advance policies that put the American people first.
“Our guiding principles are liberty, free enterprise, national greatness, American military superiority, foreign-policy engagement in the American interest, and the primacy of American workers, families and communities in all we do,” the group notes on its website.
Scheduled speakers and participants at the AFPI conference include:
- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
- 13 House members, including Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and Minority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La.
- Sens. Mike Braun, R-Ind., Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Steve Daines, R-Mont., Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., Ron Johnson, R-Wisc., James Lankford, R-Okla., Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyo., and Rick Scott, R-Fla.
- Eight former Cabinet-level officials, including former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and former Energy Secretary Rick Perry.
- Eight former Trump White House officials including Kudlow, former senior adviser Kellyanne Conway, and Fred Fleitz, former chief of staff to national security adviser John Bolton.
Some people are angered by Trump’s return to Washington D.C., however.
“It would be poetic justice if on his first visit to Washington D.C. since he left Office, Trump would be arrested. Alas, instead he’ll be able to propagate his B.S. to the brainwashed. Will they at least serve the kool-aid?” a Twitter user wrote.
And many rumors are swirling concerning Trump and a run in 2024, as well.
The Conservative Brief shared:
Political consultant Dick Morris, who was a political adviser to then-President Bill Clinton’s team, believes he knows the answer to whether or not former Trump will campaign for the presidency again in 2024.
“Will he run in 2024? You bet he will. Will he be the GOP nominee? Absolutely. Will he win the election? Yes,” he said in his quick reading strategy book obtained by The Washington Examiner.
“Our candidate in 2024 will be, and must be, Donald J. Trump. Accept no substitutes. Only he can put together the coalition that generated 74 million votes in 2020. And we don’t want a bleached-out, kinder, nicer, gentler Donald Trump, either! We want and need the same Donald Trump who won in 2016, increased his vote share in 2020 by eleven million votes, and in between, was one of our truly great presidents,” he said.’