It was reported by ConservativeBrief that actor and director Alec Baldwin’s legal issues are continuing since he accidentally shot and killed a cinematographer on the set of his movie “Rust.”A new report says that the family of the woman he killed, Halyna Hutchins, is suing him for “reckless conduct,” CNN reported.
Hutchins was fatally shot last October during a rehearsal for a scene for the film, which was being shot near Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Do you trust the main stream media?
"*" indicates required fields
Director Joel Souza was also injured in the shooting which occurred when Baldwin practiced a draw with a revolver and fired the weapon.
The lawsuit, filed in Santa Fe, alleges numerous industry standard violations by Baldwin and others charged with safety on the set, attorney Brian Panish announced in a news conference Tuesday.
The lawsuit claims the production companies and producers “cut corners” and “chose to hire the cheapest crew available,” specifically noting that they “knowingly hired a wholly unqualified armorer,” and required her to split time in a second role as assistant props master.
“We continue to cooperate with the authorities to determine how live ammunition arrived on the ‘Rust’ set in the first place. Any claim that Alec was reckless is entirely false.
2nd Amendment POLL
"*" indicates required fields
He, Halyna and the rest of the crew relied on the statement by the two professionals responsible for checking the gun that it was a ‘cold gun’ — meaning there is no possibility of a discharge, blank or otherwise,” the attorney for Baldwin, and other producers of the movie, said.
“This protocol has worked on thousands of films, with millions of discharges, as there has never before been an incident on a set where an actual bullet harmed anyone.”
Others named in the lawsuit include Hannah Gutierrez Reed, prop master Sarah Zachry and assistant director Dave Halls, who handed the gun to Baldwin. His attorney argued that he was not responsible for checking the safety of the gun.
“There are regulations and guidelines in place today that should prevent something like this from happening, but they need to be enforced,” the family’s attorney said. “Had they been followed, this never would have happened.”
This follows another lawsuit Baldwin is facing, that was filed last month for a separate incident.
This time it is the family of a United States Marine who was killed in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan who is suing the actor for saying that the deceased Marine’s sister took part in the January 6, 2021 incident at the Capitol, Fox News reported.
The 63-year-old actor is named in a lawsuit seeking $25 million and alleging defamation, invasion of privacy, negligence, and intentional infliction of emotional distress, according to court documents obtained by Fox News Digital.
The lawsuit stems from a post that Baldwin shared on Instagram earlier this month after he gave $5,000 to the widow of a fallen soldier to help her with their newborn daughter. Marine Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum was killed on Aug. 26 in Kabul in a suicide bombing as he was processing refugees amid the United States’ controversial withdrawal from the country.