Rush Limbaugh, who sadly passed away on Wednesday aged 70, had a profound impact on both conservatism and the Republican party. The veteran radio host inspired, educated, and uplifted millions of listeners every week and will undoubtedly be remembered for decades to come.
In honor of the recently deceased legend, here are his top 10 quotes:
Do you trust the main stream media?
"*" indicates required fields
10. ‘End results that work that don’t involve government threaten liberals.’
9. ‘Liberalism is a scourge. It destroys the human spirit. It destroys prosperity. It assigns sameness to everybody. And wherever I find it, I oppose it.’
8. ‘I am the Doctor of Democracy. I am America’s Truth Detector. And as the Doctor of Democracy, the deal you have with your doctor isn’t changing. You get to keep your doctor. You get to keep your plan. You get to keep your station. Nothing’s changing, and it really never was gonna change.‘
7. ‘We love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don’t see groups. We don’t see victims. We don’t see people we want to exploit. What we see — what we see is potential. We do not look out across the country and see the average American, the person that makes this country work. We do not see that person with contempt. We don’t think that person doesn’t have what it takes.‘
6. ‘Enraging liberals is simply one of the more enjoyable side effects of my wisdom.‘
5. ‘I’ve always believed in the old-fashioned way: When you’ve got scoundrels in office, you vote ‘em out.‘
4. ‘What’s the difference between a liberal and a conservative? A liberal will interpret the constitution, a conservative will quote it!’
3. ‘No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.’
2. ‘You know why there’s a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.‘
1. ‘If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.’