Breaking News: Donald Trump’s Team Reveals The Suspicious History Of Left-Wing Radical Attorney General Letitia James
Credit: The New York Post
Former President Donald Trump and his team have assembled a history of New York State Attorney General Letitia James that highlights her connections to billionaire donor George Soros and her bias against Trump.
Trump’s team has maintained that under ethics rules, James should be disqualified from any investigation or prosecution of Trump.
The DC Enquirer reported:
To remove any doubt, the 45th President and his team brought the receipts, in an enormous statement.
First, regarding James’ connections to the Soros political machine: according to Votesmart.org James received campaign funding from Soros directly to the tune of $20,000, as well as his daughter Jennifer Soros according to The Financial Times.
Further, Trump’s team laid out the NY AG’s lengthy history of explicitly promising to target the president for prosecution.
Trump’s team wrote:
- In a 2018 video, James stated, “I’m running for attorney general, because I will never be afraid to challenge this illegitimate president when our fundamental rights are at stake. He [Trump] should be charged with obstructing justice. I believe that the president of these United States can be indicted for criminal offenses and we would join with law enforcement and other attorneys general across this nation in removing this president from office…It’s important that everyone understand that the days of Donald Trump are coming to an end.”
- Letitia James announced that as Attorney General, she “look[ed] forward to going into the office of Attorney General every day, suing [President Trump] . . . and then going home!”
- During her 2018 campaign, Letitia James vowed, “As the next Attorney General of New York I will be a voice for the powerless and take on President Trump.”
- James said, “The president of the United States has to worry about three things; Mueller, Cohen, and Tish James. We’re all closing in on him.”
- James admitted that her desire to take down Trump, more than helping the people of New York, motivated her to run for attorney general.
- LETITIA JAMES IN 2018: “This campaign was never really about me or any of the candidates who ran. It was about the people, but mostly it was about that man in the White House who can’t go a day without threatening our fundamental rights.”
- When she won in 2018, Letitia James reiterated her intention to use the power of her office to target Trump, saying “I will be shining a bright light into every dark corner of his real estate dealings, and every dealing, demanding truthfulness at every turn.”
- Letitia James tweeted, “Here’s what @realDonaldTrump needs to know: I’ve got my eyes on Trump Tower.”
- Letitia James called President Trump “an embarrassment to all that we stand for.”
- Letitia James promised to be a “force pushing back against President Donald Trump through legal challenges.”
- Letitia James highlighted several members of Congress who were supporting her campaign specifically because “they know I’m the toughest and best suited to take on Donald Trump.”
- Former U.S. attorney, senior FBI official, and chief of the Drug Enforcement Administration Chuck Rosenberg wrote that Letitia James’ comments during her campaign “demonstrate a prejudgment of the facts and a political predisposition to the issues she now must manage apolitically and dispassionately…she ought to fully and deeply appreciate that injudicious comments undermine her office and her cases – legally and factually[.]”
Their statement also talked about James’ history as a prominent Democrat activist and donor. They pointed to her contributions to ActBlue. James was recently implicated by James O’Keefe and his O’Keefe Media Group in possible campaign finance violations and her donations to Multiple Democrat candidates, as reported by OpenSecrets.
Trump and his team went on to show the AGs history of comparatively soft prosecution of actual criminals, refusal to tighten the states’ failed no-cash bail system, and opposition toward police departments in general and the NYPD in particular. They also noted that James sued the NYPD on “pattern and practices after the George Floyd riots.”
The statement also noted that James has pursued an anti-Second Amendment agenda as AG. She has also hosted a “drag queen story hour” using taxpayer funds.