Credit: The Washington Post
Disclaimer: This article may contain the personal views and opinions of the author.
Special Counsel John Durham is reportedly nearing the end of his investigation into the Russia hoax witch hunt against former President Donald Trump.
Conservative commentator John Solomon believes Durham will round out his investigation by going after the FBI.
Russian-born analyst Igor Danchenko, the key source for the unverified Steele dossier, that alleged ties between Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia, was arrested by federal agents last year. Solomon explained that he believes Durham is dealing with “two buckets.”
Conservative Brief reported:
In one “bucket,” there are the last two indictments against officials who were connected to Hillary Clinton and their plan to feed the FBI false information about Trump-Russia conspiracies. He said the other “bucket” focuses on the FBI and whether agents knowingly mislead the FISA court to obtain warrants to spy on members of Trump’s 2016 campaign.
“But Durham developed really significant evidence that red flags, the stop-now warning signs go all the way back to August when Bruce Orr, in 2016 came to the FBI and said Christopher Steele is dumping a dossier. He hates Trump. He’s hired by Hillary Clinton and most of his information is raw and uncorroborated,” he said.
“A month after the CIA sends a warning to the FBI, this is something John Ratcliffe declassified, saying Hillary Clinton is trying to play a dirty trick on Donald Trump to tie him to Russia to get out of her e-mail thing. All through the fall, they keep a spreadsheet of what’s right and wrong with the Steele dossier. It’s all wrong. Can’t corroborate, they can’t collaborate the information. The FBI never should have started the investigation and I think that’s where John Durham’s investigation is focused right now,” he added.
Durham’s investigation into the origin of the Trump-Russia hoax has many people wanting Hillary Clinton and her allies held accountable.
An Obama-era spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Justice claims that Durham shouldn’t have the final say in his investigation.
Matthew Miller, who served as the director of the department’s public affairs office from 2009 to 2011, said that Attorney General Merrick Garland should review the report before it is shared with Americans.
Of course, he does.
Durham’s investigation has cost around $6.5 million and his final report should be released soon.
Wisconsin Republican Senator Ron Johnson said recently that Durham’s investigation has “hindered Congress as lawmakers seek to root out FBI misconduct and examine the shady business dealings of Hunter Biden.”
Exactly right. Durham's entire "investigation" was a total waste of taxpayer money, driven by insatiable vindictiveness rather than any semblance of public interest. https://t.co/NxOHfbE9UF
— Laurence Tribe (@tribelaw) September 14, 2022
“Our efforts in terms of investigating Hunter Biden, and corruption within the FBI was certainly hampered because we had an active criminal investigation under John Durham,” Johnson said.
There is no set date for when the investigation will be done or the report will be released, but it is expected to be within the near future.