Disclaimer: This article may contain the personal views and opinions of the author.
The conversation revolving around abuse of power has been raging on for some time. The Department of Justice has already faced a slew of criticism in the aftermath of the already infamous Mar-A-Lago raid on Donald Trump. Now, prominent Trump supporter and CEO of MyPillow, Mike Lindell is launching his own attack on the FBI after in the wake of the much reported on seizure of his phone. He is now in the process of launching a massive lawsuit.
BREAKING: “On Tuesday, we’re suing the US government and the FBI. We’re suing them for violating our 1st amendment rights, our 4th amendment rights, our 5th amendment rights, and our 6th amendment rights!”— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) September 19, 2022
Support: https://t.co/faQ7lHQppL https://t.co/sK2MJhiMtC pic.twitter.com/h7BofO4qNJ
It is now being reported by The Political Insider that:
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, an ally of former President Donald Trump, announced over the weekend that he and his legal team are planning to sue the FBI and the United States government following last week’s reported phone seizure.
During an appearance on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast on Friday, Lindell announced his intentions, stating it was about multiple alleged violations of the Constitution on the part of the FBI.
The Political Insider further reported that:
At a Save America Rally in Ohio on Saturday, the highly successful entrepreneur doubled down on the threat.
“On Tuesday, we’re suing the United States government and the FBI,” Lindell said to a round of applause.
“We’re suing them for violating our First Amendment rights, our Fourth Amendment rights, our Fifth Amendment rights, and our Sixth Amendment rights!” he added.
It was further reported by the New York Times that:
Lindell was questioned about his connection to Tina Peters, a county clerk in Mesa, Colorado recently indicted on state charges related to a scheme to download data from voting machines used in the 2020 presidential election.
Peters has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
A new CNN report indicates the subpoena issued to Lindell lists the names of at least seven subjects on which the Justice Department was seeking information, though they note he “has not been charged with any crimes or wrongdoing.”
It was further reported that:
Lindell was seen with a replacement phone at the rally.
During his interview on Bannon’s podcast, Mike Lindell explained that it wasn’t simply about the cell phone itself, though he did note he’d lost significant business because of the FBI raid.
“We lost a huge chunk of business because of that,” he lamented. “There was four products that got canceled. Four different people because they’re afraid of what the FBI did.”
But, the MyPillow CEO said, he wants to establish a “precedent” in fighting back against the FBI.
Mr. Lindell has been making a lot of press lately. We had recently reported on how MyPillow was removed from Bath & Body Works’ shelves in 2021, and how the brand paid for it. Many believe that the move is retaliation for Lindell’s support of Trump and his refusal to accept the election outcome. However, Bed Bath & Beyond claims that the layoffs are not related to the removal of MyPillow and are part of a greater cost-saving effort.
We further reported on Lindell’s announcement back in July that a new report by the Brennan Center and Verified Voting revealed that numerous states still use outdated voting equipment, which is susceptible to fraud and lowers voters’ confidence in elections. Lindell announced his latest film, “Selection Code,” which dives into “what’s inside” these voting machines.