A Circuit Judge Has Made A Ruling Regarding The Death Records Of Famed Comedian Bob Saget

Mike Coppola/Getty Images

It was recently reported that the records from the death of actor and comedian Bob Saget that came from the scene of his death in a Florida hotel room are to remain sealed forever, a judge has ruled.

Circuit Judge Vincent Chiu issued his ruling on Monday at the behest of the actor’s widow Kelly Rizzo, and their daughters, The Associated Press reported.

During a court hearing in Orlando, Circuit Judge Vincent Chiu said he would issue a permanent injunction that had been requested by Saget’s widow, Kelly Rizzo, and his three daughters. The family members had filed a lawsuit seeking to stop the release of any records from the local medical examiner’s office and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office involving the investigation into Saget’s death.

Saget, 65, was found dead Jan. 9 in a room at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando. He had performed in the area the previous night as part of a stand-up tour.

Saget died from an accidental blow to the head, likely from a fall backward, according to the medical examiner. An autopsy report showed that Saget had an abrasion on his scalp, a fracture at the base of his skull, fractures around his eye sockets, bruises to the brain, and bleeding between the brain and tissue covering the brain. A toxicology analysis didn’t show any illicit drugs or toxins in Saget’s body.

During the investigation photos, videos and audio recordings of the scene were taken and some media organizations had requested access to them, which was something the actor’s family did not want shared, thus prompting the lawsuit.

The “Full House” alum died from head trauma, according to a statement from Saget’s family.

Donald Trump Poll

"*" indicates required fields

Will You Vote for Donald Trump in 2024?*
By Submitting Your Email, You Will Gain Access To Our Newsletter!

“In the weeks since Bob’s passing, we have been overwhelmed with the incredible outpouring of love from Bob’s fans, which has been a great comfort to us and for which we are eternally grateful,” the family said. “Now that we have the final conclusions from the authorities’ investigation, we felt it only proper that the fans hear those conclusions directly from us.”

Per the statement, citing authorities, Saget “accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep.”

The statement said that “no drugs or alcohol were involved.”

“As we continue to mourn together, we ask everyone to remember the love and laughter that Bob brought to this world, and the lessons he taught us all: to be kind to everyone, to let the people you love know you love them, and to face difficult times with hugs and laughter,” the statement concluded.

Last month Saget’s “Full House” and “Fuller House” costar Candace Cameron Bure said that she believed there were more questions surrounding her television dad’s death.

She was interviewed on Fox News and said that she was still in close contact with Saget’s wife Kelly.

“I keep in close contact with Kelly,” she said. “It’s been difficult these past couple weeks because of more things that have come out and there’s a lot of questions.”

She said she is “trying not to think about it” because she wants “to remember Bob and what a kind and loving and amazing person that he was and let it be that.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: