TrendingPolitics has recently come out with a striking article that Brandon, in all the wisdom granted him by his two functional brain cells, has decided to let men who identify as women into women’s prisons. The Federalist, which obtained a copy of Brandon’s hair-brained scheme, had this to report on what it would entail:
President Joe Biden is preparing to give every rapist and molester in federal prison a get-out-of-jail-free card. Specifically, Biden is offering to transfer any and all male criminals to women’s prisons. All the men will have to do is say that they feel like a woman, and the Biden administration will take them at their word.
[…]under this executive order, the federal government will house criminals based on subjective, self-declared “gender identity” rather than biological sex. Male rapists, child molesters, and other sexual criminals will be allowed to live in women’s prisons, and because the transgender ideology embraced by the Biden administration claims gender identity is purely internal, they will be allowed in regardless of whether they still possess fully functional male genitalia.
So, Brandon intends on forcing prisons to house male and female prisoners together. What could possibly go wrong?
Given that rape is already a major problem in America’s prisons, that hardly seemed like the best idea to Tom Cotton, who quickly took action to stop it.
In a statement released Wednesday, Cotton said:
“President Biden’s plan to house male and female prisoners together will put women in danger. Documented cases prove that placing men—including ones who ‘identify’ as female—in women’s prisons puts female inmates at increased risk of sexual assault. My bill will stop the president’s ill-conceived plan and keep men and women separated in federal prison.”
According to his statement, Cotton’s proposed bill, called the “Preventing Violence Against Female Inmates Act,” would:
- Forbid the Bureau of Prisons from using asserted “gender identity” to house inmates of one sex with inmates of the opposite sex.
- As a condition of receiving certain federal law enforcement grant funds, forbid state correctional institutions from using gender identity to house inmates of one sex with inmates of the opposite sex.
Additionally, likely to stave off unwarranted criticism of the bill by those who haven’t read it, Cotton helpfully provides a list of things it will not do. They are:
- Prevent prisons from designating a separate housing option for inmates based on their asserted “gender identity,” as long as they are not housed with inmates of the opposite sex.
- For example, a prison would be free to set up specific housing units for transgender inmates based on security, medical, or programming needs, but would not be allowed co-locate those inmates with inmates of the opposite sex.
- Prohibit co-locating male and female prisoners for reasons unrelated to asserted “gender identity.”
- For example, a state or federal institution would still be allowed to use short-term detention cells in a courthouse to house both male and female prisoners during a trial in which they are both witnesses, subject to normal security considerations to protect all detainees.
It’s a first step, and likely won’t be passed because Brandon will remain in the White House until it’s 2024 or something like ill health forces him to leave. Still, it’s encouraging to see that at least one senator is willing to put himself up front on the barricade and stand against insane leftist policies.